Dear Men Who Cook Volunteer,
After 2020 & 2021 COVID-precaution cancellations, we’re ready to fire up the ovens and crank up the burners for the 2022 MEN WHO COOK event – Will County’s tastiest fundraiser!
I extend my personal invitation for you to show off your culinary skills as a participating cook, while raising money to support the Will County Children’s Advocacy Center which provides hope, healing and justice for children, ages 3-17, who have endured severe physical abuse, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, child pornography, neglect, and exposure to violence.
MEN WHO COOK features local men who whip up their favorite appetizer, side dish, entrée or dessert and offer bite-size samples to over 1,000 guests – in a friendly and spirited competition. Dishes are judged by the attendees, with prizes awarded for the most popular recipes.
This year’s competition is Saturday, October 22, 2022 from 6-9 PM at the JJC Weitendorf Agricultural Center, 17840 W. Laraway Road, Joliet.
- There is no registration fee to be a cook, however all cooks are responsible for purchasing their own food and serving supplies. We provide heating wracks, sternos, plates, napkins and eating utensils.
- Each cook is asked to bring 800, 2 oz. samples for the guests to taste at the event.
- Cooks are encouraged to decorate their serving area and wear fun attire to entice the guests to sample their cuisine.
- The event is videotaped and broadcast on local cable TV and distributed on a variety of social media outlets – a great opportunity to promote your business or organization!
- Each cook may bring one assistant, who is admitted free. All other guests must purchase tickets online or at the door.
- One hundred percent (100%) of MEN WHO COOK proceeds go to support Will County Children’s Advocacy Center’s critical advocacy, forensic interview, and trauma therapy services.
To register as a cook, complete the ONLINE COOK REGISTRATION FORM here by September 15, 2022. Due to limited space, only the first 50 cooks will be accepted – so don’t delay!
If you have questions, or need additional information, contact Will County CAC executive director Lisa Morel Las at email@example.com or (815) 774-4562.
The overwhelming success of MEN WHO COOK has always been driven by the tremendous spirit, camaraderie and enthusiasm displayed by our cooks. I thank you in advance for your participation, and I look forward to seeing you for a fun and profitable fundraising night.
James W. Glasgow
Will County State’s Attorney